Thursday, April 11, 2019

Beverly Hills, ArtShow, May 18th and 19th 2019



Cherry        30x48"            thrown and splattered paint on canvas           2019

Adleman Fine Art, San Diego
Anniversary Exhibit
Cherry has been many incarnations, all within the cherry blossom theme. The painting has been exhibited as red, white and pink cherry blossom trees. Each time it came back I worked on it. It wasn't finished. It just wasn't right in my eyes. It hadn't popped! On this last throw, it did exactly what I wanted. I love this painting. Deconstructing the image with splashes and throws, particles that reconstructed into a perceived image is one of my objectives. Another is to retain the technique of throwing in the image a third is to capture the experience of the subject, not the subject itself.
Adelman Fine Art