Thursday, May 19, 2022

Beverly Hills ArtShow Spring 2022


               Reflections     36x48"   thrown and splattered paint on canvas   2016-2022

                       Rebecca Molayem Gallery, L.A.     Beverly Hills ArtShow Spring 2022

                       sold 


The reason the dates of creation run so long is that this painting has been numerous incarnations.

         Always a reflection in water of this stand of trees, but like trees themselves, the foliage

         has changed.

         I usually work on my paintings until they are placed with an owner. I hang them in my 

         studio, in my home, in a gallery or on exhibition and I look at them. Sometimes, though

        rarely, I like them from the start, they have 'thrown' well from the beginning, more often, 

        they need a little more work... or a lot.

        This painting didn't need more, it wanted more. To be more vibrant, more colorful, then the

         original green foliage allowed. I think it was right.