Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Storm July 2020

 

Storm 24x48" thrown and splattered paint on canvas 2020

Another from the black and white series. At this time, the artist collective I belong to in San Diego, was preparing for an exhibit at the Oceanside Museum of Art. It had been in the works for 2 years (total). I was still confused as to what I would exhibit. The title of the museum exhibit is, NOW. I was intending, like  most of the artists, to express where I was as a female artist at this time in my life. Instead, 2020 had a different idea. It seemed trite to continue in the vein I was working, while all the world appeared to be collapsing around us. After working with the black and white paintings, and collaging my way through some of the darkest days, I was gently directed , by the museum curator, to incorporate the two.


No comments:

Post a Comment