Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New Work


Sunset                 36x48"                    thrown and splatted paint on canvas                     2015


This piece has been so many incarnations, from a beach grass, through numerous sky and land positionings, to a forest, a lone tree and finally back to a sunset. Each time the painting grows thick with paint, each time, may be the last before it loses integrity, or becomes too thick for my throws to land as intended or it will ultimately become dull, unable to  bounce light for viewing.It's always a gamble I will lose a painting if I continue to throw. But I was depressed over losing the sunset, which was my intention in the first place. So I determined to try one last time. Looking closely one will find bits and pieces of all the incarnations of this painting imbedded within its world.